Ideal for: reverse osmosis plant managers and operators dealing with controlled-pre-treatment and seeking high-quality permeate water at low operating costs.
DOW FILMTEC™ XLE-440, the lowest pressure DOW FILMTEC™ RO element:
• Provides lower energy costs and more productivity, especially in cold waters
• Minimizes equipment CAPEX in designs with savings in elements and pumping due to the 440 ft2 active area
• Delivers the most effective cleaning performance, robustness and durability due to its widest cleaning pH range (1-13) tolerance and the support of FilmTec technical representatives
Spiral-wound element with polyamide thin-film composite membrane
40 in x 7.9 in
- Permeate flow and salt (NaCl) rejection based on the following standard test conditions: 2,000 ppm NaCl, 225 psi (15.5 bar), 77°F (25°C), pH 8, 15% recovery.
- Flow rates for individual elements may vary but will be no more than ± 15%.
- Stabilized salt rejection is generally achieved within 24-48 hours of continuous use; depending upon feedwater characteristics and operating conditions.
- Sales specifications may vary as design revisions take place.
- Active area guaranteed ± 5%. Active area as stated by Dow Water & Process Solutions is not comparable to nominal membrane area often stated by some manufacturers. Measurement method described in Form No. 609-00434.
Operating and Cleaning Limits
Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.)
|113°F (45°C)||600 psig (41 bar)||15 psig (1.0 bar)||2 – 11||1 – 13||SDI 5||< 0.1 ppm|
• Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
• Refer to Cleaning Guidelines in specification sheet 609-23010.
• Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, Dow Water & Process Solutions recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin “Dechlorinating Feedwater”for more information.
Toray: TMH20A-400C; TMH20A-440C
GE: AK-400 LE; AK-440 LE