New DOW FILMTEC™ XLE elements offer better system performance and economics by operating at very low applied pressure. XLE membrane, made with a patented technology, provides consistent and reliable system performance. And for added convenience, XLE elements are available in a dry state for rapid start-up (see Figure 1 on reverse). The new XLE series of elements replaces TW30LE elements which were made with an older membrane technology
Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
21 in x 3.9 in
- Permeate flow and salt rejection based on the following test conditions: 500 ppm NaCl feedstream, pressure specified above, 77°F (25°C) and the following recovery rates: XLE-2521, XLE-4021 – 8%; XLE-2540, XLE-4040 – 15%.
- Permeate flows for individual elements may vary ±20%.
- For the purpose of improvement, specifications may be updated periodically.
Operating and Cleaning Limits
Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.)
|113°F (45°C)||600 psig (41 bar)||13 psig (0.9 bar)||2 – 11||1 – 13||SDI 5||< 0.1 ppm|
• Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
• Refer to Cleaning Guidelines in specification sheet 609-23010.
• Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, DOW FILMTEC recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin 609-22010 for more information.