A complete range of DOW FILMTEC™ 4040-size elements is available to meet a wide variety of customer needs for commercial applications, from the highest purity water to the lowest total system costs.
• DOW FILMTEC TW30-4040 is the industry standard for reliable operation and production of the highest quality water.
Tape-wrapped elements are built with the same high quality membranes and materials of construction as industrial elements, except for the hard outershell, and are more economical for commercial systems with one or two elements per housing.
Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
40 in x 3.9 in
- 1. Permeate flow and salt rejection based on the following test conditions: 77°F (25°C), 15% recovery and applied pressure: 100 psig (6.9 bar) for XLE-4040, 145 psig (10 bar) for LP-4040 and 225 psig (15.5 bar) for TW30-4040. DOW FILMTEC TW30-4040 specifications are based on a 2,000 ppm NaCl feed stream. DOW FILMTEC LP-4040 and DOW FILMTEC XLE-4040 specifications are based on a 500 ppm NaCl feed stream.
- Permeate flows for individual elements may vary ±20%.
- For the purpose of improvement, specifications may be updated periodically.
Operating and Cleaning Limits
Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.)
|113°F (45°C)||600 psig (41 bar)||14 gpm (3.2 m³/h)||13 psig (0.9 bar)||2 – 11||1 – 13||SDI 5||< 0.1 ppm|
• Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
• Refer to Cleaning Guidelines in specification sheet 609-23010.
• Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, DOW FILMTEC recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin 609-22010 for more information.