Dow Water & Process Solutions offers various premium seawater reverse osmosis (RO) elements designed to produce high quality water and reduce capital and operation cost of seawater RO systems. These products combine premium membrane performance with automated precision fabrication to provide reliable and consistent performance.
DOW™ FILMTEC™ SW30HRLE–370/34i Elements are durable, high-rejection, highproductivity seawater elements for use in high-fouling or challenging feedwater conditions, helping to support smooth operations and low cost of water.
Benefits of the DOW FILMTEC SW30HRLE–370/34i element include:
• A wide 34-mil feed spacer to lessen the impact of fouling on pressure drop across a vessel and enhance cleaning effectiveness.
• An active area of 370 ft2, maximizing productivity and enabling accurate and predictable system design and operating flux.
• Utilization of the distinct iLEC™ Interlocking Endcaps that help to reduce system operating costs and reduce the risk of O-ring leaks that cause poor water quality.
• Effective use in permeate staged seawater desalination systems without impairing the performance of the downstream stage.
• High performance over the operating lifetime without the use of oxidative posttreatments. DOW FILMTEC elements are more durable and may be cleaned over a wider pH range (1 – 13).
• Automated, precision fabrication with a greater number of shorter membrane leaves reducing the effect of overall fouling and maximizing element efficiency.
Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
40 in x 7.9 in
- The above benchmark values are based on the following test conditions: 32,000 ppm NaCl, 5 ppm Boron, 800 psi (5.5 MPa), 77°F (25°C), pH 8 and 8% recovery.
- Permeate flows for individual elements may vary ± 15%.
- Product specifications may vary slightly as improvements are implemented.
- Active area guaranteed ± 5%. Active area as stated by Dow Water & Process Solutions is not comparable to the nominal membrane area figure often stated by some element suppliers. Measurement method described in Form No. 609-00434.
Operating and Cleaning Limits
Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.)
|113°F (45°C)||1,200 psig (83 bar)||2 – 11||1 – 13||SDI 5||< 0.1 ppm|
• Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
• Refer to guidelines in “Cleaning Procedures” for more information.
• Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty. DW&PS recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin 609-22010 for more information.
GE: AD-400 , 34