DOW FILMTEC™ SW30HR LE-4040 reverse osmosis element is a four-inch diameter version of SW30HR LE-400, the industry’s leading seawater element which offers an unprecedented combination of high salt rejection and productivity to enable the lowest total cost of purifying high salinity water.
• SW30HR LE-4040 may be used as a pilot element to demonstrate performance for the design of larger systems.
• SW30HR LE-4040 delivers the highest sodium chloride and boron rejection to help meet World Health Organization (WHO) and other drinking water standards.
• SW30HR LE-4040 elements deliver high performance over the operating lifetime without the use of oxidative post-treatments like many competitive products. This is one reason DOW FILMTEC elements are more durable and may be cleaned more effectively over a wider pH range (1-13) than other RO elements.
Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
40 in x 3.9 in
- Permeate flow and salt rejection based on the following test conditions: 32,000 ppm NaCl, pressure specified above, 77°F (25°C) and the following recovery rates;
SW30-2514 – 2%, SW30-2521 & SW30-4021 – 5%, SW30-2540 & SW30-4040 – 8%.
- Permeate flows for individual elements may vary ± 20%.
- For the purpose of improvement, specifications may be updated periodically.
Operating and Cleaning Limits
Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.)
|113°F (45°C)||1,200 psig (83 bar)||15 psig (1.0 bar)||2 – 11||1 – 13||SDI 5||< 0.1 ppm|
• Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
• Refer to Cleaning Guidelines in specification sheet 609-23010.
• Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, DOW FILMTEC recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin 609-22010 for more information.