Dow Water & Process Solutions offers various premium seawater reverse osmosis (RO) elements designed to reduce capital and operation cost of seawater RO systems. DOW™ FILMTEC™ elements combine premium membrane performance with automated precision fabrication and maximize system output to provide unprecedented performance.
The DOW™ FILMTEC™ SW30HR LE-400i element offers a combination of high rejection and low energy requirements to allow lower total costs with medium and high salinity feedwater. DOW FILMTEC SW30HR LE-400i element comes with the distinct iLEC™ Interlocking Endcaps that help reduce system operating costs and reduce the risk of o-ring leaks that cause poor water quality. See Form No. 609-00446 for information on the cost-saving benefits of iLEC Interlocking Endcaps. Benefits of the DOW FILMTEC SW30HR LE-400i element include:
• Enables systems to be designed and operated to optimize operating cost through lower energy consumption or to optimize capital cost through higher productivity at lower operating fluxes.
• High NaCl and boron rejection to help meet World Health Organization (WHO) and other drinking water standards.
• Effective use in permeate staged seawater desalination systems without impairing the performance of the downstream stage.
• High performance over the operating lifetime without the use of oxidative posttreatments. This is one reason DOW FILMTEC elements are more durable and may be cleaned more effectively over a wider pH range (1 – 13) than other RO elements.
• Automated, precision fabrication with a greater number of shorter membrane leaves reducing the effect of overall fouling and maximizing element efficiency, helping to lower your cost of operation.
Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
40 in x 7.9 in
- The above values are normalized to the following conditions: 32,000 ppm NaCl, 5 ppm boron, 800 psi (5.5 MPa), 77°F (25°C), pH 8, 8% recovery.
- Permeate flows for individual elements may vary ± 15%.
- Minimum Salt Rejection is 99.65%.
- Stabilized salt rejection is generally achieved within 24 – 48 hours of continuous use; depending upon feedwater characteristics and operating conditions.
- Product specifications may vary slightly as improvements are implemented.
- Active area guaranteed ± 5%. Active area as stated by Dow Water & Process Solutions is not comparable to the nominal membrane area figure often stated by some element suppliers. Measurement method described in Form No. 609-00434.
Operating and Cleaning Limits
Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.)
|113°F (45°C)||1,200 psig (83 bar)||15 psig (1.0 bar)||2 – 11||1 – 13||SDI 5||< 0.1 ppm|
• Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
• Refer to Cleaning Guidelines in Form No. 609-23010.
• Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty. FilmTec Corporation recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin 609-22010 for more information.