The DOW FILMTEC™ NF90 membrane elements provide high productivity performance while removing a high percentage of salts, nitrate, iron and organic compounds such as pesticides, herbicides and THM precursors. The low net driving pressure of the NF90 membrane allows the removal of these compounds at low operating pressures.
Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
40 in x 3.9 in
- Permeate flow and salt rejection based on the following test conditions: 2,000 ppm MgSO₄, 77F (25C) and 15% recovery at the pressure specified above.
- Permeate flows for individual NF90-2540 elements may vary by -20% / +30%. NF90-4040 individual elements may vary -15% / +50%.
- Developmental products available for sale.
Operating and Cleaning Limits
Feed Flow Rate
|Maximum Pressure Drop (tape wrapped)||Maximum Pressure Drop (fiberglassed)||pH Range,
Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.)
|113°F (45°C)||600 psig (41 bar)||16 gpm (3.6 m³/hr)||13 psig (0.9 bar)||15 psig (1.0 bar)||2 – 11||1 – 12||SDI 5||< 0.1 ppm|
• Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
• Refer to Cleaning Guidelines in specification sheet 609-23010 for NF90.
• Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, FilmTec recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin 609-22010 for more information.