The FILMTEC™ NF90-400 nanofiltration element is a high area, high productivity element designed to remove a high percentage of salts, nitrate, iron and organic compounds such as
pesticides, herbicides and THM precursors.
The high active area membrane combined with low net driving pressure of the membrane allows the removal of these compounds at low operating pressure.
Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
40 in x 7.9 in
- Permeate flow and salt passage based on the following test conditions:
2,000 mg/l NaCl, 70 psi (0.48 MPa), 77°F (25°C) and 15% recovery.
2,000 mg/l MgSO₄, 70 psi (0.48 MPa), 77°F (25°C) and 15% recovery
- Flow rates for individual elements may vary ±15%.
- The above specifications are benchmark values. Please be sure to operate according to our system design guidelines.
Operating and Cleaning Limits
Feed Flow Rate
|pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.)||Maximum Feed
|113°F (45°C)||600 psig (41 bar)||70 gpm (15.9 m³/hr)||3 – 10||1 – 13||SDI 5||< 0.1 ppm|
• Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
• Refer to Cleaning Guidelines in specification sheet 609-23010.
• Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, FilmTec recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin 609-22010 for more information.