FILMTEC™ NF membrane elements are designed for process applications where a separation of solutes is desired.
• NF is a durable polypiperazine amide membrane designed to reject organics with a molecular weight above 200 while passing monovalent salts.
• FILMTEC NF membrane elements are used in a variety of applications such as desalting organic compounds, acid processing, metal recovery and antifreeze recovery.
• FILMTEC NF membrane elements replace discontinued NF45 elements.
Polypiperazine amide thin-film composite
40 in x 3.9 in
Operating and Cleaning Limits
|Maximum Pressure Drop (tape wrapped)||Maximum Pressure Drop (fiberglassed)||pH Range,
Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.)
|113°F (45°C)||600 psig (41 bar)||13 psig (0.9 bar)||15 psig (1.0 bar)||2 – 11||1 – 12||SDI 5||< 0.1 ppm|
• Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
• Refer to Cleaning Guidelines in specification sheet 609-23010 for NF90.
• Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, FilmTec recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin 609-22010 for more information.