A complete range of DOW FILMTEC™ 2540-size elements is available to meet a wide variety of customer needs for commercial applications, from high purity water to one of the lowest total system costs.
• DOW FILMTEC LP-2540 offers high quality water at low pressure operation. The LP-2540 replaces many “first generation” low pressure membrane elements and can purify more water in many older systems, especially on cold water feeds.
Tape-wrapped elements are built with the same high quality membranes and materials of construction as industrial elements, without the hard outershell. This makes them economical for commercial systems with one or two elements per housing.
Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
40 in x 2.4 in
- Permeate flow and salt rejection based on the following salt conditions: 77ºF (25ºC), 15% recovery and applied pressure: 100 psig (6.9 bar) for XLE-2540, 145 psig (10 bar) for LP-2540 and 225 psig (15.5 bar) for TW30-2540. TW30-2540 is tested on a 2,000 ppm NaCl feed stream. LP-2540 and XLE-2540 are tested on a 500 ppm NaCl feed stream.
- Permeate flows for individual elements may vary ±20%.
- LP-2540 can replace TW30HP-2540 for low pressure operation.
Operating and Cleaning Limits
Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.)
|113°F (45°C)||600 psig (41 bar)||6 gpm (1.4 m³/h)||13 psig (0.9 bar)||2 – 11||1 – 13||SDI 5||< 0.1 ppm|
• Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95ºF (35ºC).
• Refer to Cleaning Guidelines in specification sheet 609-23010.
• Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, DOW FILMTEC recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin 609-22010 for more information.