DOW FILMTEC™ brackish water reverse osmosis membrane elements provide consistent system performance in light industrial applications.
• DOW FILMTEC LE-4040 offers high performance at low pressure resulting in less energy usage and lower costs.
Elements with a hard shell exterior are recommended for systems with multiple-element housings containing three or more membranes, as they are designed to withstand higher pressure drops.
Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
40 in x 3.9 in
- Permeate flow and salt rejection based on the following test conditions: 2,000 ppm NaCl, applied pressure: 150 psig (10.3 bar) for LE-4040 and 225 psig (15.5 bar) for BW30-4040 and BW30-2540, 77ºF (25ºC) and 15% recovery.
- Permeate flows for individual elements may vary ±20%.
- LE-4040 replaces BW30LE-4040.
Operating and Cleaning Limits
Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.)
|113°F (45°C)||600 psig (41 bar)||16 gpm (3.6 m³/h)||15 psig (1.0 bar)||2 – 11||1 – 13||SDI 5||< 0.1 ppm|
• Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
• Refer to Cleaning Guidelines in specification sheet 609-23010.
• Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, DOW FILMTEC recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin 609-22010 for more information.
GE: AK-90 LE