DOW FILMTEC™ BW30XFR-400/34i has an optimized design and materials of construction to create a durable, high rejection and high productivity element to purify waters with biological and organic fouling tendencies. Incorporating Dow’s innovative and proprietary BW30XFR membrane sheet with advanced organic fouling resistance and cleanability, this reverse osmosis (RO) element combines the best features of fouling resistance and durability, with the cleanability of an optimized 34 mil feed spacer, to improve cleaning effectiveness. All this while delivering high element performance over the life of the spiral wound brackish water RO element.
• Effective and efficient cleaning of biofilm, organic compounds and scale, achieved through the widest pH cleaning range (pH 1 – 13), made possible by the most advanced DOW FILMTEC™ RO membrane sheet available today.
• Produces 10 percent more water compared to the BW30-400/34i or BW30-400/34i FR element at the same operating pressure and higher rejection, enabling lower capital expense for new systems, or increased water production in an existing system.
• Enhanced cleaning effectiveness, reducing the impact of fouling and through the use of an optimized 34 mil feed spacer.
• Reliable system integrity, resulting in reduced system operating costs with the iLEC™ technology (interlocking end-caps), minimizing the risk of o-ring leaks that can contribute to poor water quality.
Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
40 in x 7.9 in
- Permeate flow and salt (NaCl) rejection based on the following standard test conditions: 2,000 ppm NaCl, 225 psi (15.5 bar), 77°F (25°C), pH 8, 15% recovery.
- Flow rates for individual elements may vary but will be no more than ± 15%.
- Sales specifications may vary as design revisions take place.
- Active area guaranteed ± 3%. Active area as stated by Dow Water & Process Solutions is not comparable to nominal membrane area often stated by some manufacturers. Measurement method described in Form No. 609-00434.
- Specific solute stabilized rejections based on the following standard test conditions: 2,000 ppm NaCl, 225 psi (15.5 bar), 77°F (25°C), pH 7 and 15% recovery.
Operating and Cleaning Limits
Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.)
|113°F (45°C)||600 psig (41 bar)||15 psig (1.0 bar)||2 – 11||1 – 13||SDI 5||< 0.1 ppm|
• Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
• Refer to Cleaning Guidelines in specification sheet 609-23010.
• Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, DOW FILMTEC recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin 609-22010 for more information.
GE: AG-440 LF