The DOW FILMTEC™ BW30FR-400/34i has optimized construction for durable, high rejection, high productivity performance in purifying water with high biological fouling tendency. With Dow’s proprietary fouling resistant membrane technology that offers exceptional fouling resistance and cleanability, this product combines the best features of the DOW FILMTEC BW30FR-365 and BW30FR-400 elements.
The BW30FR-400/34i element features:
• A wide 34 mil feed spacer to lessen the impact of fouling and enhance cleaning effectiveness.
• 400 square feet active area for more productivity without increasing the operating flux.
• High rejection DOW FILMTEC RO membrane that has one of the widest pH cleaning ranges in the industry (pH 1-13) that allows for effective cleaning of scale, organic compounds and biofilm.
• Automated, precision fabrication with a greater number of shorter membrane leaves, reduces the overall effect of fouling and maximizes membrane efficiency.
• iLEC™ interlocking endcaps, which reduce system operating costs and the risk of o-ring leaks that compromise system integrity and cause poor water quality.
This distinct combination of features offers system operators long-term cost efficiencies and trouble-free operation for RO membrane purification of fouling waters.
Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
40 in x 7.9 in
- Permeate flow and salt (NaCl) rejection based on the following standard test conditions: 2,000 ppm NaCl, 225 psi (15.5 bar), 77°F (25°C), pH 8, 15% recovery.
- Flow rates for individual elements may vary but will be no more than 15% below the value shown.
- Sales specifications may vary as design revisions take place.
- Active area guaranteed ± 5%. Active area as stated by Dow is not comparable to nominal membrane area often stated by some manufacturers. Measurement method
described in Form No. 609-00434.
Operating and Cleaning Limits
Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.)
|113°F (45°C)||600 psig (41 bar)||15 psig (1.0 bar)||2 – 11||1 – 13||SDI 5||< 0.1 ppm|
• Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
• Refer to Cleaning Guidelines in specification sheet 609-23010.
• Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, DOW FILMTEC recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin 609-22010 for more information.
GE: AG-400 LF,34