DOW™ FILMTEC™ BW30FR-365 elements have purified high biofouling feed waters since 1997. Numerous customers around the world have experienced lower operating costs by using DOW FILMTEC fouling resistant elements due to their exceptional fouling resistance and cleanability. The BW30FR-365 element features:
• A wide (34 mil) feed spacer to facilitate improved cleaning.
• A proprietary modification to the FT30 membrane chemistry providing superior cleanability and resistance to fouling.
• DOW FILMTEC membrane with one of the widest pH cleaning ranges in the industry (pH 1-13) allowing for effective cleaning of scaling, organic compounds and biofilm.
• Efficient membrane element design with more, shorter membrane leaves to help reduce the overall effect of fouling.
The DOW FILMTEC BW30FR-365 element can be used for both potable and non-potable water applications.
A system designer can take advantage of this high productivity, high rejection, fouling resistant reverse osmosis (RO) element in any system design where the potential of high biofouling is expected. In addition, existing installations that are experiencing high biofouling or frequent cleanings can be upgraded by retrofitting to the FILMTEC BW30-365-FR element. In either case DOW FILMTEC BW30FR-365 elements can reduce the operating costs in most biofouling cases by lowering membrane fouling, reducing average system operating pressure, and extending membrane life.
Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
40 in x 7.9 in
- Permeate flow and salt rejection based on the following standard conditions: 2,000 ppm NaCl, 225 psi (15.3 bar), 77°F (25°C), pH 8 and 15% recovery.
- Flow rates for individual elements may vary but will be no more than 15% below the value shown.
- Sales specifications may vary as design revisions take place
- Active area guaranteed ± 3%. Active area as stated by Dow is not comparable to nominal membrane area often stated by some manufacturers. Measurement method
described in Form No. 609-00434.
Operating and Cleaning Limits
Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.)
|113°F (45°C)||600 psig (41 bar)||16 gpm (3.6 m³/h)||15 psig (1.0 bar)||2 – 11||1 – 13||SDI 5||< 0.1 ppm|
• Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
• Refer to Cleaning Guidelines in specification sheet 609-23010.
• Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, DOW FILMTEC recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin 609-22010 for more information.