The DOW™ FILMTEC™ BW30-440i element is a high-productivity element combining the highest active membrane area in the industry with the high rejection BW30 membrane. It is designed to minimize capital expenses in high-purity industrial water applications without increasing operating flux.
• Produces 10% more water compared to the DOW FILMTEC BW30-400 element at the same operating pressure and high rejection, enabling lower capital expense for new systems, or increased water production in an existing system.
• Includes iLEC™ interlocking endcaps, which reduce system operating costs and the risk of o-ring leaks that can cause poor water quality.
• Designed using an industry standard 1.125 inch ID permeate tube for interchangeability with other brackish water elements.
Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
40 in x 7.9 in
- Permeate flow and salt (NaCl) rejection based on the following standard test conditions: 2,000 ppm NaCl, 225 psi (15.5 bar), 77°F (25°C), pH 8, 15% recovery.
- Flow rates for individual elements may vary but will be no more than 15% below the value shown.
- Sales specifications may vary as design revisions take place.
- Active area guaranteed ± 3%. Active area as stated by Dow is not comparable to nominal membrane area often stated by some manufacturers. Measurement method
described in Form No. 609-00434.
Operating and Cleaning Limits
Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.)
|113°F (45°C)||600 psig (41 bar)||85 gpm (19.0 m³/h)||15 psig (1.0 bar)||2 – 11||1 – 13||SDI 5||< 0.1 ppm|
• Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
• Refer to Cleaning Guidelines in specification sheet 609-23010.
• Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, DOW FILMTEC recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin 609-22010 for more information.
GE: AG-400 LF,34